Tips and wisdom from 15 years of DBA experience
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
ORA-22921 and streams
The most likely issue is that you are trying to stream between two different character sets. In my case, I ran into this when running dbms_streams_adm.maintain_schemas() with a source db on WE8MSWIN1252 and a destination on AL32UTF8. I had run csscan on the source schema and there were no issues or truncations returned, but the problem still haunted me. I read on an Oracle forum that there may be a bug associated with this, but when I tried to search on metalink, it just hung, thanks to the "New and Improved" metalink. Grrr. I will take a running ford focus over a non-running cadillac any day of the week.